When you’re warm, it’s impossible to get a good night’s rest. Tossing and turning only makes things worse. So how do you stay cool while you sleep? A Sleepsteady mattress protector for sweaty sleepers cools your core, wicks away moisture, and keeps sweat at bay.
Which Mattress Protector Cools Better?
Most mattress protectors trap in heat so sweaty sleepers sweat that much more. You want a mattress protector that cools you down, reduces sweat, and stops moisture from soaking in. But how do you know what cools better?
- Tencel: This magical fabric is thin, breathable, and naturally wicks away moisture. It regulates your body temperature while you sleep so your core stays cool.
- Cotton: It’s soft and snuggly, but not made with sweaty sleepers in mind. Sure, it’s easy to clean, but it won’t keep you cool.
- Bamboo: Sustainably sourced and ultra-soft, bamboo is a good choice. But it’s expensive and won’t stop sweat.
- Polyester: It keeps your mattress clean and prevents stains, but it also traps heat. You’ll never feel cool with this.
Tencel for the Win
Tencel is by far and away the winner in the fabric battle. It’s got three important traits the others just don’t have.
- Natural fibers wick away moisture to keep you cool and dry all night long.
- Keeps your core body temperature down, so you stay cool longer.
- Thin, soft, and breathable, so air can actually flow through.
Simply put - if you want to stay dry and cool, you need Tencel.
Plastic vs Polyurethane: Which is More Breathable?
Sweaty sleepers need waterproof protection. The biggest contenders are plastic and polyurethane. They each stop sweat from getting to your mattress, but one is cool and breathable, while the others traps heat and makes you sweat.
VINYL/PLASTIC: More Hot Air
- No Airflow: Plastic isn’t breathable. It traps air in and doesn’t let it out again. No breathability means a warmer bed and restless sleep.
- More Heat: Without a way to circulate air, heat gets locked in. You’ll sweat more and wake up drenched. Not a good way to start your day.
- Affordable: Plastic protectors are affordably priced, which is nice. They won’t have you busting into your piggy bank.
- Waterproof: Liquids won’t get past the protective barrier, but neither will fresh air. It’s more a win-lose than a win-win.
POLYURETHANE: Cool and Breathable
- Ultra-Thing: It’s soft and ultra-thin. It won’t crinkle when you move around like some plastics will, so you sleep more comfortably.
- Breathable: Polyurethane blocks moisture while still allowing air to pass through, so heat can’t build up. You stay dry all night long.
- Cooling: Since polyurethane lets air in, your body has no reason to sweat. Warm air is replaced with fresh air in a natural cycle that keeps you cool.
- Waterproof: Like plastic, polyurethane is completely waterproof. You won’t have to worry about sweat, spills, or anything else getting through.
The Best Mattress Protector for Sweaty Sleepers
Sleepsteady designed its mattress protector with sweaty sleepers in mind. They’re made with a combination of Tencel and polyurethane, so you stay cool and dry the whole night through. No more sweating, no more stains, just a good night’s sleep. Get one today, and feel the difference tomorrow.
Up Next: Stay Dry and Comfy All Night Long with a Mattress Protector for Sweat