It’s easy to love your mattress, not so easy to move it. They’re big, bulky, and heavy. If you drop it at the wrong time, your mattress can end up covered in filth and you wouldn’t want to touch it - let alone sleep on it.
We don't recommend you use a Sleepsteady mattress protector for moving, you need a sealable mattress bag made specifically for this purpose. A mattress bag is made of strong plastic and wraps around your entire mattress to keep it safe from dirt, liquids, bugs, and all those disgusting things you don’t want getting in. Check out Uhaul's Mattress Bag Set.
Advantages of Using a Mattress Protector for Moving
If you want your move to go smoothly and your mattress and box spring to make it in one piece, a mattress bag set isn’t an option, it’s a must.
- Stronger Plastic: A mattress protector for moving is made from strong plastic that wraps around your entire mattress. It won’t rip or tear when you’re moving it.
- No Water Damange: The plastic is completely waterproof. Your mattress stays clean, dry, and free from mildew or mold.
- Repels Dirt: It stops mud, dirt, and grime from latching onto your mattress so it arrives spotless at your new home.
- Stops Bugs: A sealable mattress bag stops dust mites and bed bugs from making a home inside your mattress or box spring.
How to Use a Mattress Protector When Moving
This is the easy part. It’s just four simple steps.
- Strip your bed of all linens.
- Secure your mattress protector to your mattress and/or box spring. If you’re worried about it opening up, a little duct tape at the seam will hold it in place.
- Have a friend help you lift it, or hire a professional mover. Never try to lift it yourself.
- When you get it to your new place, strip the mattress bag and see if it's worth saving.
A mattress protector for moving makes everything easier. When your move is over, that’s the time to grab a Sleepsteady mattress protector for daily use. It’s cooling, hypoallergenic, and 100% waterproof - so your bed stays clean and fresh in your new home for years to come!
Up Next: Hot Sleepers Can Cool Down With a Breathable Mattress Protector