Memory foam mattresses contour, support, and deliver an amazing night’s sleep. But all that comfort comes at a cost. Memory foam acts like a sponge that draws in dirt, liquids, and allergens. Not exactly what you want in terms of dreamland. But there’s an easy fix.
A mattress protector for your memory foam bed stops all the nasty things from getting through while still allowing for breathability and comfort. Sleepsteady has narrowed things down for you. What to look for, what to avoid, and what to buy right now.
What to Avoid
Memory foam molds to your body like it was custom-made just for you. Avoid anything that interferes with memory foam’s ability to contour.
- No Air-flow: If it’s not breathable, your memory foam can end up stiff and uncomfortable. Make sure air can easily pass through.
- Too Thick: If it’s too thick, you won’t get the contouring benefits of memory foam. Mattress pads will always be too thick, make sure what you’re getting is in fact a mattress protector.
- No Stain Protection: Warranties are tricky things. If your mattress gets stained, chances are your warranty is void. Make sure you keeps stains out and your memory foam clean.
What to Look For
A mattress protector for memory foam should block dirt, liquids, and allergens from soaking into your mattress and mucking things up.
- Waterflow: If you’ve got pets or kids in potty training, waterproofing is a must. The protective barrier blocks liquids and prevents stains.
- Breathable: Look for an ultra-thin, breathable mattress protector that keeps you cool while allowing memory foam to mold to your body.
- Hypoallergenic: The right mattress protector will stop dust mites and bed bugs from digging their way into your mattress and causing allergies to act up.
Sleepsteady mattress protectors keep your memory foam mattress free from accidents, spills, dirt, and allergens. Your memory foam stays clean and comfy, and you get the best night’s sleep possible. Get one today, and sleep better tomorrow.